Level 1: The vital knowledge, skills, experience and mindset required to lead people are transferred through an
integrated “learning by doing” Biblical educational model which culminates in the daily practical integration of all
lessons on the Leadership Challenge Obstacle Course.
Level 2: The impact of the Light and Leadership Challenge is amplified during this phase through conveying the
essential expertise needed to facilitate the above mentioned educational process effectively on team level and to
support it efficiently on administrative and logistical level.
Level 3: This final level of the Light and Leadership Challenge provides the selected participants with the vital
knowledge, skills, experience and mindset required to lead a team of facilitators and to manage the complete
Level 1: 5 days.
Level 2: 5 days.
Level 3: 10 days.
Bursaries: Although a bursary system exists, each and every participant are required to contribute to his/her costs. If
possible at all, each participant must cover his/her transport costs.
Framework for Mission Attainment
Leadership Building Blocks
Although not limited to, these building blocks include at least the following:
- Leadership Knowledge:
- Leadership Skills:
- Qualities of a Leader
- Mindset of the Leader:
- Team Study Assignments: (TSA’s)
- TSA 1: A Problem Transformed into a Challenge - Nehemiah
- TSA 2: A Need Translated into a Successful Vision - Nehemiah
- TSA 3: POODA Cycle – David & Goliath
- TSA 4: Effective Leadership Styles - Rehobeam
- TSA 5: Effective Communication - Samuel
- TSA 6: A Victorious Gideon - A Real Life Example
- TSA 7: Ten Spies versus Two: Joshua - A Real Life Example
- Leadership Challenge Obstacle Course: Based on a series of obstacles that each team must traverse in the
shortest possible time with the given equipment (which incidentally, are just to short, to long, to heavy etc to
really bridge the gap), these daily exercises are utilized to
- practise practical leadership skills;
- apply problem solving techniques;
- develop a constructive mindset;
- build team spirit;
- transfer Leadership and Life Lessons.
- Sport: To further stimulate the growth of the leadership competencies, each team participate at least once a
day in a sporting competition with another team(s). The playing field is levelled through the adaptation of
creative changes to the rules, type of skills needed and scoring systems, thereby ensuring that all stand a
chance of winning.
Comments by previous Participants
The following comments from the participants were recorded during previous debriefs:
- “The time for sleeping was very limited - maybe we can stop working at 21:00 please ???? I enjoyed
everything, I’m now a well trained leader”.
- “I want to thank Mukhajadi Leadership Institute for giving us the leadership knowledge, skills and mind set.
May God bless your team, THANK YOU !!!”
- “A leader must be brave, courageous and pray to God for help.’’
- “I’m very happy about the programme and it makes me feel free ….”.
- “Very good in providing information … explained every little detail and gave examples….made sure that we
understood and asked for our opinions & ideas.”
- “The hours of training was very very long ….. but everything was fine and excellent. The Mukhajadi team was
very loving towards us.”
Although the qualitative impact of this Skills Programme can only be measured over time the following impact will
surely be realized to a greater or lesser extend:
- Individual: The establishment or re-enforcement of
- Spiritual level: Bible driven core beliefs and a living relationship with Jesus.
- Mental level: Vigorous and effective whole brain thought processes.
- Emotional level: Self confidence and the Peace that surpasses all understanding.
- Physical level: Self confidence in abilities.
- Stake holders: (Family, School, Peer Group, Employer, Community)
- A team leader/member with a Biblical mindset, transferable leadership knowledge and skills.
- A constructive relationship orientated team leader/member.
- Society at large: An agent of positive change.
The maximum number of Teens and Youth in Africa
are led to Jesus Christ while their Leadership
knowledge, skills, experience and
are developed in accordance
with the Bible during
the Light and Leadership Challenge.
Light & Leadership Challenge